If you don’t find the answer to your question here, please Contact Us and we’ll do our best to answer your inquiry.


Q: What are the Local Union initiation fees?

A: The Local Union initiation fee is $100.00.
Q: What are my Local Union membership dues?

A: If you earn $11.00 per hour, or less, your dues rate is 2 times your hourly rate of pay, plus a $4.00 assessment for the legal fund and strike fund. Those earnings over $11.00 per hour pay 2 ½ times their hourly rate of pay, plus the $4.00 assessment.

Industrial Construction and Pipeline Members pay a $25/month “non working” rate when not working. When working they pay $25/month in addition to $0.52 per working hour.

Members of our Motion Picture Division pay $23/month “non working dues”. When working they pay 2% of gross earnings in addition to the $23/month.

Q: What do I do if my Employer didn’t deduct Union Dues from my paycheque?

A: Contact your Local Union office at (403) 259-4608 in Calgary, (780) 455-2255 in Edmonton or (780) 791-2118 in Ft. McMurray. At some point in time the employer will deduct Union Dues, if you do not report it, you will end up with a large deduction from one of your paycheques.
Q: What are my rights as a member covered by a Collective Agreement?

A: A copy of your Collective Agreement can be picked up at the Local Union office. Once you have received your copy, please read the agreement in its entirety. The Collective Agreement outlines your rights and responsibilities to the Company at which you are employed as well as the Company’s obligations to you.
Q: How do I know what’s in our Collective Agreement?

A: When you are hired, the Employer should ask you to fill in a Teamster Application Card and give you a copy of your Collective Agreement. Your Shop Steward will also have a copy of the Agreement on hand. Read it and ask your Business Agent about any questions you may have.
Q: What are the normal office hours of Local Union No. 362?

A: General office hours are subject to change, but currently are:
Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Fridays 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Q: Who do I talk to if I have questions about my employment conditions or the treatment I receive from the Company?

A: Generally the Local Union appoints or has Shop Stewards elected at all the companies, who in most cases, can quickly answer day-to-day questions. However, there will be situations where he or she will not be able to answer your questions or is not available to speak with you. If this is the case, simply contact your Local Union office and speak to your Business Agent.
Q: How do I become a Shop Steward?

A: Tell your Business Agent or another Shop Steward that you want to work for your brothers and sisters.
Q: I’m afraid of my boss, but I think I have a problem at work.

A: The Union realizes that it takes a significant degree of courage for an employee to complain. We’ve been told time and time again that the “Boss is Always Right”. For Union employees, however, the Collective Agreement is the measure of right and wrong and the Union Reps will make every effort to support you through the process.
Q: I’ve been called to the office and don’t want to go alone.

A: Every member is entitled to have a Shop Steward present when meeting with management. You can simply ask the manager which Shop Steward will be attending the meeting with you.
Q: What do I do if my boss yells at me or tells me to leave, or I’m fired, or I get a discipline letter?

A: When you believe that you are being unfairly treated, talk to a Shop Steward, or come to the Union Office and report your concern to your Business Agent – immediately. DON’T WAIT!
Q: Why haven’t I received any Local Union correspondence?

A: In order to receive Local Union information it is imperative that you keep your current mailing address up-to-date with your Local Union office. Simply call the office and leave a change of address with the office personnel.


View More Posts >


Just a reminder to all members to obtain a withdrawal card upon termination, layoff, leave of absence, change of employment or medical leave.

Teamsters Member Talks To Keep Alberta Rolling About Film History in Alberta

The Alberta film industry is such an important part of the Alberta economy and Keep Alberta Rolling is an organization that showcases the benefits and potential of the screen industry in Alberta. They recently spoke ...READ POST >

Happy Retirement to Marlene Davie

We would like to wish a very happy retirement to Marlene Davie who is retiring from Garda world after 23 years of service. Teamsters 362 would like to thank you for your years of hard ...READ POST >



If you do not already have an account, please click on the link below to set up your unique 362 Member Log In.

Register Here



No password? Click the link below to create your unique 362 Member Log In.

Register Here

SMS Confirmation

Thank you for subscribing to Teamsters 362 SMS Updates