Teamsters Local 362 Voting Event Information
GENERAL TEAMSTERS LOCAL UNION NO.362 STRONGLY RECOMMENDS ACCEPTANCE OF THE MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT.
As you are aware your Local Union has been in negotiations with your Employer for the renewal of your Collective Agreement since May of 2017. To date the Membership has rejected a Memorandum of Agreement, which came with the Unions recommendation, as well as a “Last, Best and Final” offer from the Employer.
On January 31st, 2018 your Local Union will be holding a voting event for the Membership at Clean Harbors. You will be asked to vote YES or NO to each of the below independent votes.
VOTE #1 – Are you in favor of the Memorandum of Agreement which comes with the Unions Bargaining Committees recommendation for acceptance?
VOTE #2 – Are you in favor of the language changes in the Memorandum of Agreement and would like to proceed to Interest Arbitration to decide Wages, COLA and Turnaround?
VOTE #3 – Are you in favor of taking strike action against your employer?
Vote #3 is subject to the approval of the Alberta Labour Relations Board
The Union is holding the voting event within a 24hr hour period in order to protect you from the Employer taking their “Lockout Vote” which only takes one day. It is imperative that the Membership not find themselves in a lockout position without also being in a legal strike position.
The Membership was instructed to keep their PIN from the previous vote held on December 19th, 20th and 21st of 2017. The Members will be able to vote using the telephone or internet following the below instructions.
- Using your PIN from the previous vote you can vote on Wednesday, January 31st beginning at 1:00 am (MT) until 11:00pm (MT).
- To vote by phone, call the voting phone number at 1-888-357-7521 and follow the instructions.
- To vote using the internet, type www.teamsters362.isivote.com in the address bar of your web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc) and follow the instructions.
- Please note, Teamsters Local 362 will notify you if the voting dates change.
- Please be aware that if you should be interrupted while voting, you may re-access the voting system to complete your voting.
If you have LOST YOUR PIN or have any questions or need assistance call the Voter Helpline 1-855-690-1174 (toll free). The Voter Helpline will be available on Wednesday January 31st, 2018 from 5:00am (MT) to 9:00pm (MT)
We highly recommend that if you have LOST YOUR PIN you let your Business Agent, Mary Snyder, know well in advance of the voting day so she is able to ensure that you are properly issued a new PIN number. Due to the urgent nature of this voting event we are expecting the Voter Helpline to be very busy. Do not wait until the last minute to contact the Voter Helpline.