Brothers and Sisters,
Your Negotiating Committee met with the Company on November 20th and 21st, 2017. The Parties resumed bargaining under Mediation following the Memberships 94% rejection of the previously recommended Memorandum of Agreement.
The Company presented the committee the following last, best and final offer for settlement. As the offer does not meet our mandate from the membership your Bargaining Committee can not recommend acceptance however the Parties have agreed to fairly present the offer to their respective principles.
In the coming days we will have meetings scheduled for you to attend and will be scheduling the voting process. The Company has assured us that they will help us with the logistics of getting your stewards available to interact with the membership. The Company has also mentioned that they will be informing the membership through tool box meetings on the state of the economic situation in the oil sands and the challenges they face in maintaining market share.
How to vote
- Vote anytime beginning Tuesday, December 19 at 8:00 am (MT) until 8:00 pm Thursday, December 21 (MT).
- To vote by phone, call the voting phone number at 1-888-357-7521 and follow the instructions.
- To vote using the internet, type teamsters362.isivote.com in the address bar of your web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc) and follow the instructions.
- Please note, Teamsters Local 362 will notify you if the voting dates change.
- Please be aware that if you should be interrupted while voting, you may re-access the voting system to complete your voting.
- Remember to keep your pin as it may be needed for another vote.
Questions & Assistance
If you require assistance please contact the Voter Helpline:
Phone: 1-855-690-1174 (toll free)
Hours of operation:
Tuesday, Dec 19: 8:00am to 11:00am MT and 4:00pm to 8:00pm MT
Wednesday, Dec 20: 8:00am to 11:00am MT and 4:00pm to 8:00pm MT
Thursday, Dec 21: 8:00am to 11:00am MT and 4:00pm to 8:00pm MT
TOWN HALL MEETINGS
Town Hall Meetings have been scheduled at the Stonebridge Hotel 9713 Hardin St, Fort McMurray, AB T9H 1L2 at the following times:
December 6, 2017 at 7:45am
(transportation provided from Ruth Lake, departing at 7:15am)
December 6, 2017 at 3:30pm
December 6, 2017 at 7:30pm
(transportation provided from Ruth Lake, departing at 7pm)